Thursday, June 11, 2009

She is...

She is...
She is strong.
Stronger than anyone I have ever known.
She is cigarettes and coffee..and hairspray.
She is beauty...
She is Chanel No. 5.
She is young
She is old...
Mistakes..and triumphs..
She is children and family.
She is a sister
and a daughter.
She is laughter..
my God she is laughter..
She loves me and my
two children.
She is safe.
Blocking out the world..
from all of my mistakes.
Accepting me
as I am
Loving me
regardless.
She is late night..
early morning calls..
of help and advice.
Acceptance.
No matter what.
She is Christmas.
She loves my children
probably more than she loves me...
And I love that.
She is quilts...and sewing
She is strength.
She endures.
She stands up for me ..
when no one else does.
She is unconditional.
She is a beautiful young woman...
a mother
going through life..
and here we are..
She is a grandmother...
She is strength
and endurance
And when I look
in the
mirror
I see
a little
bit of
her..
And I understand
As a mother
As a sister
As a daughter..
I now understand the struggle.
I am proud.
I understand.
I am her daughter.
She is...
My Mother.

1 comment: